Whip up a refreshing mango tofu smoothie, a nutrient-rich drink you can enjoy for breakfast or a snack. Made with a few simple ingredients - this drink is healthy and delicious.
Make this easy mango tofu smoothie with fresh or frozen mango. It is a refreshing summer treat that can be enjoyed for breakfast or a snack.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
You will love this mango tofu smoothie because:
- You can make this smoothie when mangoes are at their peak in summer or use frozen mangoes when out of season.
- It takes less than 5 minutes to make with a high-speed blender.
- This healthy and nutritious drink can be made for breakfast, a snack, or a refreshing summer dessert.
- It is low fat, low calories, gluten-free, and can be made sugar-free.
- It is also dairy-free and vegan.
Cost to Make
Estimated cost = $2.98
Please note that below is a guide for some of the ingredients we used in the recipe. The printable recipe further down the page has the complete list of ingredients, including quantities and step-by-step instructions.
Silken tofu (or Japanese tofu) is very soft and smooth and will fall apart easily when handled. It is a popular ingredient in vegan and vegetarian cooking and can be used in dairy-free desserts like our tofu chocolate mousse, smoothies, and sauces.
Mangoes- we used three-quarters of a cup of frozen mango pieces because they are budget-friendly, and using frozen fruit helps to make a thicker smoothie but you could also use fresh mangoes when in season.
Milk - we used our homemade soy milk, but you can use other plant milk like; coconut milk, almond milk, or dairy milk if you prefer.
Orange juice - for more nutrients and vitamins, use freshly squeezed orange juice. If you don't have fresh oranges, use store-bought or replace the orange juice with more milk.
Turmeric powder. This yellow powder not only helps to add color to the smoothie, but turmeric has many health benefits, such as it is an antioxidant, it can help with pain relief, helping reduce the risk of cancer, and aiding in digestion.
Banana - Use a ripe banana for natural sweetness.
Sweetener (optional) - use a sweetener of your choice, such as white granulated sugar or honey. Or make it vegan by using maple syrup, monk fruit sugar, or beet sugar.
You will need a high-speed blender or food processor.
This mango tofu smoothie is very easy to make - all you need to do is place all the ingredients into a food processor, blend until smooth, and enjoy.
Use frozen fruit - slice the banana and fresh mango pieces the night before and freeze to use the next day. Freezing the bananas and using frozen mangoes gives the smoothie a thicker consistency.
Add a few ice cubes - if you don't want to freeze the banana or are using fresh mango, you can cool the smoothie down by blending in 3-4 ice cubes.
This recipe makes one serving of about 376 ml (13.25 ounces) or about 1 and ¾ cups.
Calories Per Serve
Each serving has 284 calories and 5 grams of fat, and 10 grams of protein.
Use applesauce - If you don't like the taste and texture of bananas, use apple sauce. When we make smoothies with apple sauce, we make unsweetened apple sauce using sweet apples, but you can also use sweetened apple sauce.
If using sweetened applesauce, reduce the sweetener you use because the smoothie could end up being too sweet.
- Replace the orange juice with pineapple, apple, or mango juice.
- Make it sweeter with more maple syrup.
- Make it more tropical and use a combination of mango, papaya, or pineapple.
- Add in more protein by using more silken or protein powder.
No. Smoothies are best enjoyed soon after making, but if you can't finish the smoothie, it can be stored in the fridge for a few days or frozen.
Mango Tofu Smoothie
- Blender, food processor, or stick blender
- 50 grams (1.76 ounces) of silken tofu
- 125 ml (½ cup) soy milk or other plant milk or dairy
- 60 ml (¼ cup) orange juice
- 50 grams (1.76 ounces, ½ small) ripe banana
- 90 grams (3.3 ounces, ¾ cup) frozen mango
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or your sweetener of choice
- ⅛ teaspoon turmeric powder optional
- Place the tofu, milk, orange juice, banana, frozen mango, maple syrup, and turmeric (if using) into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Taste for flavor and blend in more sweetener or milk if necessary to get your desired taste and consistency. Pour into a tall glass and enjoy.