Thick and delicious, this peanut butter tofu smoothie uses peanut butter, old-fashioned rolled oats, silken tofu, and soy milk. This smoothie is packed with protein and will keep you full for hours.
This peanut butter tofu smoothie is a filling breakfast or snack made with peanut butter, old fashioned oats, silken tofu and soy milk is quick to make.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
You will love this peanut butter tofu smoothie recipe because:
- It is a great breakfast smoothie and takes less than 5 minutes to make using a blender.
- This homemade smoothie recipe makes one serving. It is a perfect size for breakfast or a filling snack.
- It can be doubled to serve two.
- It is a healthy and nutritious drink full of B vitamins, potassium, magnesium, and zinc.
- Even though this smoothie has silken tofu, you can't taste it.
- It is fiber-rich, low fat, low calorie, gluten-free, vegan, and can be made sugar-free.
Cost to Make
Estimated cost = $2.04 a serve
Please note that below is a guide for some of the ingredients we used in the recipe. The printable recipe further down the page has the complete list of ingredients, including quantities and step-by-step instructions.
Silken tofu is soft and smooth and will fall apart easily when handled. It is used for making savory dishes like sesame ginger tofu or in desserts like this orange pudding.
Milk - we used homemade soy milk, but you can use other plant milk like; coconut milk, almond milk, or dairy milk if you prefer.
Banana - Use a ripe banana for natural sweetness.
Sweetener (optional) - use a sweetener of your choice, such as white granulated sugar or honey. Or make it vegan by using maple syrup, monk fruit sugar, or beet sugar.
Peanut butter - smooth, crunchy, or creamy will do.
Oats - We used old-fashioned rolled oats, but you can use quick-cooking oats too. Don't use steel-cut oats because they don't blend down as smoothly as the other oats.
You will need a high-speed blender or food processor to make this smoothie with peanut butter.
This peanut butter tofu smoothie is very easy to make. Place all the ingredients into a food processor, Blend until smooth, and serve immediately.
Use frozen banana - slice the banana the night before and freeze to use the next day. Freezing the bananas and using frozen berries makes the smoothie thick and well-chilled.
Use ice cubes - if you don't want to freeze the banana or are using fresh berries, you can cool the smoothie down by blending in 3-4 ice cubes.
The full recipe makes a 1 cup (285 grams or 10.10 ounces) serving.
Calories Per Serve
There are 374 calories in a single serving.
How Much Protein Is In This Peanut Butter Tofu Smoothie?
This peanut butter oatmeal smoothie is full of protein. One serving has about 14 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber. Here is the breakdown:
- 50 grams (3.25 ounces) of silken tofu = 3 grams
- ½ cup soy milk = 4 grams
- 25 grams rolled oats = 3 grams
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter = 4 grams
Yes, you can add raw oats to smoothies. They not only help improve digestion, help lower cholesterol, and helps keep blood sugar balanced, but they are also full of vitamins, minerals, and magnesium.
More Easy Recipes
If you liked this peanut butter tofu smoothie, try these recipes next or see all silken tofu smoothies recipes.
Or you might like these easy recipes:
If you have tried this or any other of my recipes, don't forget to come back and rate the recipe and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you!
CONNECT WITH SOYA EATS
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter
Peanut Butter Tofu Smoothie
- Blender, food processor, or stick blender
- 50 grams (1.76 ounces) of silken tofu
- 125 ml (½ cup) soy milk or other plant milk or dairy
- 50 grams (1.76 ounces, ½ small) ripe banana
- 25 grams (3 tablespoons) of rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup or your sweetener of choice
- Place the tofu, milk, banana, rolled oats, peanut butter, and maple syrup into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Taste for flavor and blend in more sweetener or milk if necessary to get your desired taste and consistency. Pour into a tall glass and enjoy.
Join the Discussion