This spinach tofu smoothie is sweet, tangy, silky smooth, and packed with nutrients, and it keeps you full for hours.
A spinach tofu smoothie is a great way to sneak extra fruit and vegetables during the day and will keep you full for longer.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
You will love this spinach tofu smoothie because:
- It makes a great breakfast smoothie and takes less than 5 minutes to make using a blender.
- Use frozen fruit in summer to make a refreshing cold summer drink.
- It is a healthy and nutritious drink full of B vitamins, potassium, magnesium, and zinc.
- Even though this smoothie has silken tofu, you can't taste it.
- It is fiber-rich, low fat, low calorie, gluten-free, vegan, and can be made sugar-free.
Cost to Make
Estimated cost = $3.53 a serve
Please note that below is a guide for some of the ingredients we used in the recipe. The printable recipe further down the page has the complete list of ingredients, including quantities and step-by-step instructions.
Milk - we used homemade soy milk, but you can use other plant milk like; coconut milk, almond milk, or dairy milk if you prefer.
Banana - Use a ripe banana for natural sweetness.
Spinach leaves - pick through these and wash them well after removing the roots because they can be very sandy.
Kiwi fruit - for added flavor and sweetness.
If you have never tried kiwi fruit before, you need to peel it before blending - find instructions here for how to cut kiwi fruit.
Sweetener (optional) - use a sweetener of your choice, such as white granulated sugar or honey. Or make it vegan by using maple syrup, monk fruit sugar, or beet sugar.
You will need a high-speed blender or food processor to make this green smoothie.
This spinach tofu smoothie is very easy to make - all you need to do is
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor,
- Blend until smooth, and serve immediately.
Use frozen banana - slice the banana the night before and freeze to use the next day. Freezing the bananas and using frozen berries makes the smoothie thick and well-chilled.
Use ice cubes - if you don't want to freeze the banana or are using fresh berries, you can cool the smoothie down by blending in 3-4 ice cubes.
A serving size of the recipe is about 1 ¾ cups (390 grams, 13.85 ounces).
Calories Per Serve
A 1/ ¾ cup serving has about 287 calories, 5 grams of fat, and 12 grams of protein.
Spinach Tofu Smoothie
- Blender, food processor, or stick blender
- 50 grams (1.76 ounces) of silken tofu
- 125 ml (½ cup) soy milk or other plant milk or dairy
- 50 grams (1.76 ounces, ½ small) ripe banana
- 50 grams (1.8 ounces, a heaping packed cup) of fresh spinach
- 1 kiwi fruit peeled and chopped
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup or sweetener of choice or to taste
- Place the tofu, milk, banana, spinach, and kiwi fruit into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Taste for flavor and blend in sweetener (if desired) or milk if necessary to get your desired taste and consistency. Pour into a tall glass and enjoy.