If you are after a healthy and delicious breakfast drink? Make this silken tofu strawberry smoothie. This smoothie is thick and delicious.
Here is a delicious silken tofu strawberry smoothie. This creamy and fruity smoothie is quick to make and healthy too.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
You will love this silken tofu strawberry smoothie because:
- It takes less than 5 minutes to make using a blender.
- You can use frozen fruit to make a refreshing cold summer drink.
- It is a healthy and nutritious drink for breakfast, a snack, or a dessert.
- Even though this smoothie has silken tofu, you can't taste it.
- It is low fat, low calorie, gluten-free, vegan, and can be made sugar-free.
Cost to Make
Estimated cost = $2.03 a serve
Please note that below is a guide for some of the ingredients we used in the recipe. The printable recipe further down the page has the complete list of ingredients, including quantities and step-by-step instructions.
Silken tofu (or Japanese tofu) is very soft and smooth and will fall apart easily when handled. Silken tofu can be used for making savory dishes like sesame ginger tofu or in desserts like this tofu chocolate mousse.
Milk - we used our homemade soy milk, but you can use other plant milk like; coconut milk, almond milk, or dairy milk if you prefer. You will need about ½ cup soy for a single serving.
Banana - Use a ripe banana for natural sweetness.
Strawberries - we used frozen strawberries, but you could also use fresh strawberries.
Sweetener (optional) - use a sweetener of your choice, such as white granulated sugar or honey. Or make it vegan by using maple syrup, monk fruit sugar, or beet sugar.
You will need a high-speed blender or food processor to make this smoothie.
This strawberry banana smoothie is very easy to make - all you need to do is place all the ingredients into a food processor, blend until smooth, and serve immediately.
Use frozen banana - slice the banana the night before and freeze to use the next day. Freezing the bananas and using frozen berries makes the smoothie thick and well chilled.
Use ice cubes - if you don't want to freeze the banana or are using fresh berries, you can cool the smoothie down by blending in 3-4 ice cubes.
This recipe makes a single serving of about 390 ml (about 1 and ¾ cups).
Calories Per Serve
There are 218 calories per serving in this tofu fruit smoothie.
Use applesauce - If you don't like the taste and texture of bananas, use apple sauce. When we make smoothies with apple sauce, we make unsweetened apple sauce using sweet apples, but you can also use sweetened apple sauce.
If using sweetened applesauce, reduce the sweetener you use because the smoothie could end up being too sweet.
You can easily customize this strawberry tofu smoothie by adding other flavors you could:
- Blend in 1 - 2 teaspoons of almond butter or more if you prefer a stronger almond flavor.
- Give it a hint of vanilla by adding ½ a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Use a different berry like blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries instead of strawberries.
- Add a hint of mint by blending in a few fresh mint leaves.
Yes, you can freeze silken tofu for smoothies. Before freezing, cut the silken tofu into small pieces about the size of ice cubes.
Arrange these on a tray in a single layer and not touching, and freeze. Transfer the frozen to a freezer bag or sealed container.
When making smoothies, blend the frozen silken tofu cubes in with the other ingredients.
Tofu has a fairly neutral flavor, and you won't even notice it in a smoothie.
Silken Tofu Strawberry Smoothie
- Blender, food processor, or stick blender
- 50 grams (1.76 ounces) of silken tofu
- 187 ml (¾ cup) soy milk or other plant milk or dairy
- 50 grams (1.76 ounces, ½ small) ripe banana
- 90 grams (3.25 ounces, ¾ cup) strawberries, frozen
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or your sweetener of choice
- Place the tofu, milk, banana, frozen strawberries, and maple syrup into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Taste for flavor and blend in more sweetener or milk if necessary to get your desired taste and consistency. Pour into a tall glass and enjoy.