This tofu banana smoothie is made with plant milk, ground flax seed, cinnamon, and maple syrup. This quick and easy protein-packed breakfast drink is dairy-free, vegan, and gluten-free.
This tofu banana smoothie is healthy and filling. It is a protein-rich smoothie that will keep you full for longer.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
You will love this tofu banana smoothie because:
- It is a healthy and naturally sweetened breakfast smoothie that takes less than 5 minutes to make.
- This banana tofu smoothie recipe makes one serving but can easily be doubled or tripled.
- It is fiber-rich, low fat, low calorie, gluten-free, vegan, and can be made sugar-free.
Cost to Make
Estimated cost = $2.40
Please note that below is a guide for some of the ingredients we used in the recipe. The printable recipe further down the page has the complete list of ingredients, including quantities and step-by-step instructions.
Milk - we used homemade soy milk, but you can use other plant milk to suit your diet, such as - coconut milk, almond milk, or dairy milk.
Banana - Use a ripe banana for natural sweetness.
Flax seed - is good for digestion, is full of fiber, is high in omega 3, and can help lower cholesterol. For this recipe, use ground flax seeds rather than whole seeds.
Sweetener (optional) - use a sweetener of your choice, such as white granulated sugar or honey. Or make it vegan by using maple syrup, monk fruit sugar, or beet sugar.
Vanilla extract and cinnamon powder - these give a nice flavor to the smoothie. Add the vanilla and cinnamon powder to taste.
You will need a high-speed blender or food processor to make this banana smoothie.
This tofu smoothie is easy to make. All you need to do is place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
Use frozen banana - slice the banana the night before and freeze to use the next day. Freezing the bananas makes the smoothie thick and well-chilled.
Use ice cubes - if you don't want to freeze the banana, you can cool the smoothie down by blending in 3-4 ice cubes.
The serving size of this recipe is about 1 ¼ cups (300 grams, 10.5 ounces).
Calories Per Serve
A 1 ¼ cup serving has about 251 calories, 6 grams of fat, and 17 grams of protein.
Benefits Of Tofu In Smoothies
Tofu is an excellent source of plant protein and contains all the essential amino acids and minerals like; manganese, calcium, selenium, phosphorus, copper, magnesium, iron, and zinc, making it a healthy ingredient to include in smoothies.
Yes, tofu can be blended.
More Tofu Recipes
If you liked this tofu banana smoothie, try these recipes next or see all silken tofu smoothies recipes:
Or you might like these easy recipes:
Tofu Banana Smoothie
- Blender, food processor, or stick blender
- 50 grams (3.25 ounces) of silken tofu
- 187 ml (¾ cup) soy milk or other plant milk or dairy
- 100 grams (3.52 ounces, 1 medium) ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon level ground flax seed
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon or to taste
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup or your sweetener of choice
- Place the tofu, milk, banana, flax seed, vanilla, and maple syrup into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Taste for flavor and blend in more sweetener or milk if necessary to get your desired taste and consistency. Pour into a tall glass and enjoy.